The Blog and Tour Schedule of Carlos Celdran. A man who is trying to change the way you look at Manila - one step at a time. Telephone: (02)4844945 Text/Cell:(0920)9092021 or Email: celdrantours@hotmail.com

Sunday, February 27, 2011

THE DRAFT....


Dear Cardinal Rosales,

I am writing in letter to formally apologize for the incident that occurred on September 30, 2010 at the Manila Cathedral.

The protest which I mounted, however passionate and earnest on my part, was done without deliberation. It was my attempt to catch the attention of the Church regarding certain politcal issues but it was not my intention to disrespect the solemnity of the Ecumenical event being celebrated on that day.

I was born and raised a Catholic and my faith only seeks understanding. The state of our country drives me to seek the common good. Perhaps my methods are different from yours, but in my heart I know we all consider the same things: the health and welfare of our countrymen—as well as peace, culture, education, order, and freedom for each one of us.

In this light, I would like to seek peaceful resolution with the Church. I am comforted by the grace of forgiveness and reconciliation that Christ’s Resurrection brought to us. We are constantly given the chance to return to the Father’s house, to reclaim the state of grace that is always there for us to receive as his children.

I hope that we—as mere men—can learn to put aside our differences and work towards a better future together. I have chosen to take up my personal cross, and although it may be difficult for others to understand my reasons for doing so, it is my way of finding peace and love in the world.

Sincerely,

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger miriam said...

Very well written! clap, clap!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute your humbleness.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Grace Nicolas said...

i love it carlos.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Janina Santos said...

We pray for a good response to your sincere apology, Sir Carlos. Goodluck!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now lets see if the catholic church will be as gracious as you

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Abraham V. Llera said...

It would have been more gentlemanly had you not shot off your apology. In the first place, I don't think you really mean it, and you simply want to save your skin.

You did what you did because you believed in it. Now, you're saying you don't. That puts a large question mark on the kind of man that you are.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Abraham V. Llera said...

I wish you'd publish my comment despite it's not agreeing with you.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have the balls for a LIVE public apology?

You said on your FB "Yay! I Feel Vindicated" on a photo that supposedly show you did not offend religious feelings. If you feel vindicated from the comments that favors you there, why are you asking an apology?

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the reference to "being mere men." Would the bishops?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I don't think you need to ask forgiveness from them, when you could just ask forgiveness from the Lord instead. You did what you think is right, and asking forgiveness from them sort of means that you're not taking a stand in your beliefs.

In another perspective, it makes you humble to ask forgiveness for what you have done and the people who hated you will change their minds about you. But as for the people who believe that a reformation has to happen, they'll doubt you because you're asking forgiveness from the leaders who have been, is and will always interfere with the government decisions. I don't think there was anything wrong in what you did. You wanted to make a difference and start a "revolution", but now you're taking it back.

Anyway, it's up to you I guess. I would still support you and attend your tours when I visit the Philippines.

Btw, I went to one of your tours last August, and I love your subtle insults to the government. Keep it up.

3:08 AM  
Blogger frawindz said...

Your act might be considered apparently true, yet to put on your shoes and style, you might be considered pathologically impaired. Returning to the Father means not turning back again! I hope you know how to defend too your own faith and Church in the future and not only till May 10.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Paolo said...

If the Cardinal is really a man of the Cloth, he'll forgive you.

But, he could be as belligerent as a devil. That's religion for you.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Paolo said...

I'll help you rip out those Banners by the Catholic Bishops if I were there in Manila.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very big of you. I applaud your humility. The letter is concise and gets your message across clearly.

I am also a Catholic and was raised a devout one at that. But, there are some teachings I do not agree with, especially when it comes to population control.

It takes a lot of guts and maturity to own up to your actions wholeheartedly and not be passive aggressive when it comes to saying you're sorry.

Thank you for inspiring me.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

Sadly Carlos you are relying on these people seeing themselves as " mere men". They don't have that view of themselves. Your humility is to be applauded , now lets see if these followers of Christ can respond in the same manner , the manner I believe in which He would respond.

9:56 AM  
Blogger nitesoul said...

it's good that you apologized. but for me, it is also good that you did what you did. kudos to you.

10:27 PM  
Blogger jerboy lupisan said...

It was my attempt to catch the attention of the Church regarding certain politcal issues but it was not my intention to disrespect the solemnity of the Ecumenical event being celebrated on that day.
Nakuha mo nga ang atensyon ng gang ng mga obispo, korek. Hindi mo naman intensyong bastusin ang isang ‘solemnity ng ecumenical event’, 'di ba? Para ka lang si Leslie Nielsen na pumasok nang hindi sinasadya dahil akala mo e kapihan sa kanto ‘yung pinasok mong katedral at nataong naghuhuntahan laang ang ilang mga lalaking nagkataong nakasuot ng damit na mahaba't parang pang-obispo. DON'T GET ME WRONG. YOU'RE STILL ME HERO, BUT THERE'S NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR. (Late na hirit dahil ngayon ko lang nabasa 'to't nasa ibang banasa ako nung nagyari ito.)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home