Saturday, April 18, 2009

BRUSSELS SPOUTS...

BELGIUM ROCKS...
A couple of weeks ago after Pope Ratzinger made his irresponsible and delusional remarks in Africa, I told the pope to "F*** himself" on my facebook status bar. And although I may have recieved a few irate messages from conservative readers, I'm glad now to see that I'm not alone in this matter. Just this morning, the artist in residence at The Living Room told me that the Belgian Parliament lodged a diplomatic protest against the Pope's remarks. Good for them! That man in the funny suit must be reminded that the world is not going to allow him to twist scientific data to promote myopic Catholic dogma. Really, why is the heirarchy so adamant against keeping up with the times? This backlash against the pope is absolute proof that the Catholic Church has got to start being relevant to today's issues lest they lose their following and become this weird cult that will only flourish among the ignorant and the insane. Naturally, the Vatican is not too pleased with Belgium.