Monday, May 07, 2007

CARLOS RECOMMENDS...

I love the band Drip and most of the artists under Terno Recordings. I, however, am nonplussed by the decor of Fiamma. Boring "feeling" modern whatever. And really, why the hell does every bar in Manila have to have the same look and same name as that of some other bar abroad? Fiamma, Embassy, Warehouse, Bed, Absinthe. It's pablum. It's infuriating. But I guess I'll deal with it for the sake of good original music.

I hope they have slide projections on the walls.

And check out this awesome exhibition by Australia-based Filipino artist Alwin Reamillo at the Cultural Center of the Philippines and the Galeria Duemila in Pasay City. It's a must.

Mang Emo / Mag-himo
Grand Piano Project by Alwin Reamillo.

For more details, please call Galleria Duemila at 831-9990.
May 5, 2007 to May 31, 2007
Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP Complex)
For more details, please call CCP at 832-3702.
May 3, 2007 to May 31, 2007