Friday, August 19, 2005

MY BRAIN DIET

NO THANKS, I'M FULL...

As a reaction to the mudslinging and innuendo all around me and as part of my ambition to ignore the Gloriagate issue to death, I have removed the ABS-CBN News Channel from my television memory, deleted Inq7.net from my internet bookmarks and purposely hid away the front pages of newspapers every morning for the last three days.

I am now limiting my information intake to magazines, the internet, the society and local pages of the newspapaper, foreign channels, and cable Philippine television stations (the public ones were all full of crap to begin with anyway).

I'm actually going by this - perhaps mistaken - belief that one should really view information like nutrition. If one fills themselves with crap, one will ultimately get zits or cancer. This goes for food as well as for information; for one's body as well as for one's mind.

And although it hasn't been that long, I must say that I feel better. I feel less anxious. And if I never see the likes of Ces Drilon, Pia Hontiveros, Gene Orejana etc or read the words of Neal Cruz, Carmen Guerrero Nakpil, or Tony Abaya, etc ever again, my world would not get any poorer.