Friday, October 14, 2005

AHEM!

Yes, I know. It's been a while since my last post. It's just that last week somebody told me that my blog wasn't a serious one because it was just a listing of advertisements and nothing more; it just wasn't personal enough to really be a "blog". Not that I was offended, but the comment actually stopped me in my tracks and made me take some time off to think about where I was going with this thing. And after a little - not a lot, take note - of reflection, I decided that I really don't care if anyone thinks that these are all shameless plugs. At the end of the day, I don't get paid for any of these recommendations and I only endorse things that I would use myself. Because just like mega-sized celebrity Sharon Cuneta, when I say "I love eating XYZ brand of fried chicken", I really loove-to-eat XYZ brand of fried chicken, if you know what I mean. And unlike the payola free listings magazine "Time Out", most activities and products we read about in Manila's weekend newspapers are in there because some lifestyle editor got a freebie or because the event itself is covered in McCorporate slime. Besides, I really do like maintaining a bit of mystique. After all, I'm trying to change the way people look at Manila - and not the way people look at me. Why should you care about what kind of bran cereal I prefer or what cute little thing my dog did yesterday when I certainly don't care about your fiber choices or pets either.
Above: My pet dog Princess Ingrid Bergman.